Simply put, if your company is still using a traditional PBX or key system for your phone system, you’re losing money. But, that’s not all you’re missing. Voice-over-IP, or VoIP, is a technology that allows voice services over a standard Internet connection. What this means for your company is substantial cost saving over a non-VoIP phone system, as well as a vast increase in features and flexibility. Here are just some of the powerful features of a hosted VoIP:
- Low Cost – The back-end equipment is hosted and maintained by the provider, eliminating costly initial investments in equipment.
- Scalable – Phone software and firmware can be upgraded, eliminating upgrade or overhaul expense.
- Mobile – Office phones can be set up at home for remote teleworkers. Find-me / Follow-me features can seamlessly route calls to cell phones, home phones, etc.
- Flexible – Applications like email, efax and web conferencing can be integrated with the phone service.
- Powerful – VoIP systems can gather call metrics and even monitor and record calls if needed.